7/7, 21/7 - 2005
Just finished watching "United 93". And I cried. I didn't wanna watch it really but I couldn't turn it off either. Can you imagine what these people must have gone through, what went through their minds as they realise? They were in the air for an additional 50 minutes from that the high jackers took over the cookpit, until it crashed. 50 minutes! The anguish and torment is probably beyond our comprehension.

It brought back memories from the bombings in London in july 2005. I remember it vividly. I've just passed through Liverpool Station that same morning, and hour and a half earlier, on my way to Stansted to catch my flight to Sweden. I was on my way to Båstad, Swedish Open. Later I found out there had been four attacks, three on the tube and one on a dubbledecker bus. Liverpool St, Kings Cross and Tavistock Sq. These are all places I travelled through on a daily basis. Approximately 700 people were injured, 52 of them died.

Two weeks later, there was another four attacks. I was at work and we all got evacuated as one of the attempts were att Warren Street station, next to where I worked. The detonators of all the four bombs exploded, but for some reason none of the main explosive charges detonated. Luckily there were no casualties.

I stopped taking the tube for a while and travelled only by bus. And I always sat downstairs, so I could see who got on. But I soon realised that if something was gonna happen it could happen anywere. And I'd be damned if I was gonna subject their ways. People were uneasy at first, but their recillience were incredible.


Labels: edit post
Besökare idag Totalt